Upland Housing Authority
Serving the Community of Upland Since 1943


Housing Programs  |   Applicants   |   Participants   |   Landlords  |   Contact Us

UHA Main


About UHA

Board of Commissioners


Jobs & Contracting


Contact Us


Housing Programs

What We Offer


About Public Housing

Public Housing Policies

About Section 8

Section 8 Policies




Resident Services

Resident Advisory Board



General Information

How to Participate


Inspection Standards

Direct Deposit

Forms for Landlords




Fair Housing

Report Fraud

Helpful Links

Other Resources


This website was updated on:
August 11, 2016


Portability in the Section 8 Program


The Section 8 program is unique in that its participants have the ability to relocate, so long as they qualify and follow the procedures for porting.

If you are a current voucher holder and are interested in relocating to the Upland area, you will need to notify your Housing Authority. Your Housing Authority is responsible for initiating the process with UHA.

If you are a voucher holder living in the Upland area and are interested in relocating to outside of UHA’s jurisdiction, you will need to notify your eligibility worker prior to giving notice to your landlord. The worker will determine if you are eligible to port-in to another jurisdiction and will explain the requirements for portability. Please note that voucher holders who move out of their unit in violation of their lease will not be afforded the portability option. 

Please note:  the Upland Housing Authority may not be absorbing portability participants at this time.  However, participants may still port to Upland, and UHA would bill the initial Housing Authority if not absorbing.


Housing Authority of the City of Upland, California

1200 N. Campus Avenue, Upland, California  91786
(909) 982-2649 Telephone    |    (909) 982-0237 Facsimile